I noticed a few other SP5 (Knitty, not blog) participants posted a second set of questions to help out their secret pal, and decided to join in!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I like the higher end natural fibers, and I guess I'd say I prefer them, but I am pretty good at making use of most anything.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I haven't tried spinning yet. I crochet a little. I can't seem to get anywhere near gauge when I crochet and it bothers my wrist some, but I like the look of crochet for some items (bags particularly) so i may keep trying.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Walnuts, Raspberries, Mussels, heavy perfume, tree pollen and ragweed. So no ragweed and shellfish yarn please ;) The smell of patchouli gives me headaches.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Only since April - but you'd never know it to look at my stash.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not yet, but working on an Amazon one.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Red Currant (candles), I love anything that smells like clean linen.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh my yes. The mere mention of ice cream gives me an unnatural glow.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I am remarkably uncrafty in all ways other than knitting - most of my other passions are less analog.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have kept a few artists from every musical phase I ever had, which has led to a pretty strange music collection.
My most recent obsessions have been classic country (merle haggard, johnny cash etc..), bluegrass, alt.country, the cabal of early 80s Nick Lowe compatriots (Graham Parker, Elvis Costello, Dave Edmunds) and I'm madly in love with the new Knitter's album (go figure ;) I heard something today that I believe was called Gram Rabbit, and I loved that too.
Good Songwriters: Tom Waits, Steve Earle, Dylan Haunting Voices: Sam Cooke, Patsy Cline
I love Michelle Shocked. Sheesh I could go on about this all day!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I like many many colors- Purple, pink, cranberry, orange, silver, teal, deep blue. I don't much like pastels unless it's super icy pink.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a wonderful boyfriend.
I have a great kitty that is going on 15.
12. What are your life dreams?
I'd like to get into the mental health advocacy field. I feel very strongly about helping the mentally ill get equal (or any in some cases) access to health care and would love to start my own non-profit to do that one day.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love a good merino (Aurora 8, yum), wool blends, silk blends, cotton blends.
Things that are soft to the touch but with a little sturdiness to them.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Squeaky acrylics and very scratchy wool.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks (if only I could finish a few),
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm liking socks, and knitted blocks
17. What are you knitting right now?
Baby Socks, Big Socks, a blankie, a neverending clapotis, and a tank that may not make it.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
eh, they can be cute but they don't flatter me much so I'm not so enthralled
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs mostly - though I actually seem to like dpns
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo for socks and anything requiring dpns (though i can make do with plastic for those)
aluminum for anything less scary!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
A one night lesson from a friend, followed by knitting help.com, knitty boards, and the first S N B book.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Since about the day after I learned - sometime in april
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Pepe Le Pew. I love cats, well all animals really.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
dust and cat hair?... hmm Most of my "collections" are inadvertant.
27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet?
Tons. I'm anxious to do my first sweater.. or is that eager..
Actually it's probably both.