The good news is that I finally picked a sweater pattern!
I went to School Products yesterday and picked out a Baby Sweater. A simple Raglan 2x2 Rib Turtleneck, worked in pieces. They had a sample made in a delicious 50% Yak, 50% Merino which as only 24 dollars for this giant ball of "just enough". Its pefect - not too pricy, not too big for a first sweater. I couldn't wait to get it home.
The bad news is that I cannot get gauge with this yarn.
The pattern calls for size 8 needles, and my four inch swatch was 6 inches - no problem .. I'll just go down a size.
the swatch with size 7 was between 7-8 inches.
So was the swatch with size 6.
WTF? It got BIGGER?
I can't really go smaller than 6 with this because the pattern just starts to look wrong.
In other news :) I got Tagged ! by Knit-N-Purl Zen
4 Jobs You Have Had in Your Life:
- Flyer Distributor (15 years old, in Clown face)
- Tech Support and all-around office assistant for a Computer Consulting firm
- Legal Biller
- IT Director (started as assistant, then manager)
4 Movies You Could Watch Over & Over:
- Better off Dead
- Blazing Saddles
- Fiddler on the Roof
4 Places You Have Lived:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Staten Island, NY
- New York, NY
- Brooklyn, NY (again)
4 TV Shows You Love to Watch:
- West Wing
- Gilmore Girls
- Mary Tyler Moore Show
4 Places You Have Been on Vacation:
- Puerto Rico
- New Orleans
4 of Your Favourite Foods:
- Southern (these are nearly random choices, I like all food :)
2. Weight Watchers (to track food)
4 places you’d rather be right now:
2. My boyfriend's
3. In a coffee shop, knitting
4. In a nice hotel, anywhere
Have a great weekend all!