Jan 21, 2006

I've been Tagged - and Gauge Woes

So I have good news, and bad news.

The good news is that I finally picked a sweater pattern!
I went to School Products yesterday and picked out a Baby Sweater. A simple Raglan 2x2 Rib Turtleneck, worked in pieces. They had a sample made in a delicious 50% Yak, 50% Merino which as only 24 dollars for this giant ball of "just enough". Its pefect - not too pricy, not too big for a first sweater. I couldn't wait to get it home.

The bad news is that I cannot get gauge with this yarn.
The pattern calls for size 8 needles, and my four inch swatch was 6 inches - no problem .. I'll just go down a size.
the swatch with size 7 was between 7-8 inches.
So was the swatch with size 6.
WTF? It got BIGGER?
I can't really go smaller than 6 with this because the pattern just starts to look wrong.
Feh.

In other news :) I got Tagged ! by Knit-N-Purl Zen

Tagged!


4 Jobs You Have Had in Your Life:

  1. Flyer Distributor (15 years old, in Clown face)
  2. Tech Support and all-around office assistant for a Computer Consulting firm
  3. Legal Biller
  4. IT Director (started as assistant, then manager)

4 Movies You Could Watch Over & Over:

  1. Network
  2. Better off Dead
  3. Blazing Saddles
  4. Fiddler on the Roof

4 Places You Have Lived:

  1. Brooklyn, NY
  2. Staten Island, NY
  3. New York, NY
  4. Brooklyn, NY (again)

4 TV Shows You Love to Watch:

  1. West Wing
  2. Gilmore Girls
  3. ER
  4. Mary Tyler Moore Show

4 Places You Have Been on Vacation:

  1. Puerto Rico
  2. Bahamas
  3. New Orleans
  4. California

4 of Your Favourite Foods:

  1. Sushi
  2. Mexican
  3. Thai
  4. Southern (these are nearly random choices, I like all food :)
4 websites you visit daily:

1. Knittyboard
2. Weight Watchers (to track food)
3. Bloglines
4. Google

4 places you’d rather be right now:
1. Asleep
2. My boyfriend's
3. In a coffee shop, knitting
4. In a nice hotel, anywhere

I am supposed to tag 4 other bloggers here but I have to go figure out who has already done this, so go ahead if you are so inclined :)

Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Blazing Saddles is a classic. I still laugh hysterically when watching that movie.

thatfarmgirl said...

Gauge is evil. I cannot get gauge on a hat and I'm so over it. I, too, swatched. Swatching is evil.