Nov 4, 2005

In the midnight hour, she cried felt, felt felt

So as not to dissapoint the reader who was checking back (and because I couldn't wait any more).. I braved the basement at midnight and felted my fuzzy feet

As usual I have had some trouble getting photo color right.

The Cascade Quatro felted very well though I had to stop before complete loss of stitch definition because they were getting too small. They are a tad snug but I don't care, I'm wearing em anyway. The stitch def. is mostly not visible to the naked eye, though the yarn's pattern sort of gives the illusion of it in places and i can see a little still where the stitches were picked up for the gusset, but I am overall very happy with the result

Please be advised that any nearly all the decor in these rooms was not chosen by me. (the books are mine tho)
(witness the white plastic brick in first shot, for an example ;)
One day i'll fill you all in on the great wallpaper nightmare that is my home. (Blame the prior owner)
I'd redecorate but I plan on moving.
ANYWAY...






Tomorrows post will be an ode to Lambs Pride, from whence the next pair of fuzzy feet shall spring ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like fabulous feet! Warm and comfy. I'm impressed that you braved the basement in the wee hours of the night, I would have chickened.

Like you I live in a house that had wallpaper nightmare perpetrated everywhere. We're staying, so we're stripping it, ick!

Unknown said...

They look fabulous! I love the colors of the yarn!

Anonymous said...

GO YOU!!! You faced the basement at midnight AND WON!!! And now that it is Friday, you KNOW I will be starting mine tonight!

me myself and i said...

i love them especially on top of the cABLE BOX!

. said...

Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they look like an invisible person is standing in them. So lifelike! And they have a mind of their own - they figured out that the cable box would keep them toasty.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! Amy, they are beautiful! And you are so brave to go in the basement for us late late at night. Love the Cascade Fuzzy Feet! One question: If you ever do another pair from this yarn, would you double it?

weaselrina said...

Thanks!

Nope. I wouldn't double the Cascade.
I like its texture as is. :)

Jennifer said...

Those look fantastic!!

soapy said...

They look great! Nice color too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your fuzzy feet look fantastic - love the color. Can't wait to see the Lamb's Pride pair next. Fabulous!