Sep 9, 2005

I have the best Secret Pal ever!

(btw. I'm playing with template colors so forgive the constant changes)
Oh.. My...

I'm one lucky woman!

It is my first SP - SP5 and I got the best box of treats a girl could want today!

First of all - I have to say that the box was so well packed that the shipping dept. in my office was admiring how well they fit everything in!


First we have a lovely handwritten note - from which I'm learning of some common ground :)

Then we have the makings of this wonderful
cable scarf pattern that he/she sent -
  • 3 skeins of Lana D'Oro in a beautiful cranberry color.
  • 1 Irish Hiking Scarf Pattern (directions thereto)
  • 1 pair of Addi Turbos - size 8, 40 in!
  • A nice set of 3 Brittany cable needles - which came in...
a lovely (crochet i think) notions zippered pouch
(in many of my favorite colors) which was ALSO stuffed with goodies
  • assorted stitch markers, safety pins, stoppers etc
  • yarn needle
  • the aforementoined cable needles
  • a lovely clover yarn needle
  • pretty hand designed stitch markers
  • woolwash and gloves in a bottle!
Then we had reading material:
  • Cults in our Midst (which I'd mentioned I wanted)
  • Lucy Nealtby's Cool Socks Warm Feet - a great book of sock patterns which was
  • autographed no less!
  • Two brochures/maps of the local area (a clue!)
Last but not least - some pretty flowered tissues and funlight hoop lightstick earrings in blue!
One of my coworkers, who is not a knitter, said it was the most fun present she'd seen in a really long time! And she doesn't even knit!
I'm very grateful, very happy, and overwhelmed by the generosity of my secret pal!
Thank you thank you thank you!

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

What a great haul. Your SP is almost as cool as mine :D