Sep 11, 2005

My first tag!

I got tagged by Domestic Overlord! I feel very official now :)

Ten years ago: I was married, living in an apartment I hated that had waterbugs, and obsessed with online trivia. I'd just started my present job, and I was probably a basket case. Took antidepressants for the first time around then. (i'm a big fan :)

Five years ago: I was just getting used to being single, Living where I am now, and making a lot of new friends. I was probably traveling a lot then, though I don't remember clearly. I started seeing a lot of live music around then, and learning who I am. 2000, as a I recall, was a good year.

One year ago: I had just started dating my boyfriend. (a few months at that point), and exercising regularly. I was in the midst of a successful diet (some of which I've undone), so a lot of time was spent at the gym. I was pretty damned happy this time last year :)


Five snacks:

  • fla-vor-ice
  • skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
  • laughing cow cheese on tlc crackers,
  • soy crisps
  • peanut butter filled pretzels

Five songs I know all the words to:

  • Dead Flowers, The Rolling Stones (covered by at least 10 different artists that I can think of offhand)
  • Suspicious Minds - A Mark James song that was made famous by Elvis
  • Love Hurts (any version that isn't by Nazareth, I'm particularly fond of the version by Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris , and the version by the Jayhawks
  • Highway Patrolman- Bruce Srpingsteen (though I love the version Dar Williams did)
  • The Last Thing On My Mind- Either the Tom Paxton original or the one by Cry Cry Cry

Trying to narrow this to anything less than 200 was a challenge.


Five things I'd do with 100 million bucks:


  • pay off debt
  • buy an apt. in manhattan and a condo outside the city
  • give money to everyone I know and love to solve whatever their most pressing financial issue is and make their lives easier
  • start a foundation to donate the annual interest earned on about 50 percent of it to the charities that matter to me
  • Spoil myself and my boyfriend.


Five places I'd run away to:

  • The primary answer to this used to be New Orleans. I hope it will be again.
  • Chicago
  • the Berkshires
  • San Francisco
  • My friends' homes

Five things I would never wear:

  • jewelry or garmets that proclaim a religous affiliation (no offense to anyone who does, just not my style)
  • a tube top
  • anything in pastel yellow or green
  • a plaid mini skirt (or any mini skirt)
  • a flowered housecoat

Five tv shows:

  • West Wing
  • Gilmore Girls
  • Roseanne reruns
  • Mary Tyler Moore show reruns and
  • Jeopardy

Five joys:

  • Joy (my best friend for the last 20 years)
  • My boyfriend, my friends and the people in my life as a whole
  • Animals
  • Music
  • Good food

Five things to do, just for me, before I die:

  • Travel
  • Learn to sing
  • Arrange it so I really believe I can take care of myself properly
  • Visit everyone I've promised I'd visit
  • I'll come back to this one

Haven't figured out which 5 people I'm tagging yet, but I'll figure it out shortly!

1 comment:

DomesticOverlord said...

So flabergasting
that I left you out of the
haiku fun, sorry.

Oh Suspicious Minds,
Elvis was truly the king.
But Yoakam is good.

The Gilmore Girls rule!
so awesome that my daughter
is a Lorelei.